changing/replacing Belt on Spectra 20/40 models
with all electrical appliances, remove the connection to the wall
unit in a comfortable work area as the unit is heavy to work with.
a clean material (such as paper or cloth) on the work area to prevent
scratches to the body of the unit.
the services of a professional electrician or mechanic, or an
authorized service personnel if necessary.
Remove the heavy rollers stones and set aside.
that the machine has not been running and the motor is not hot, prior
to opening up the unit.
OPENING THE UNIT:
the unit upside down and remove the screws at the bottom of the unit.
Remove the plastic plate at the bottom of the machine and set aside.
Removing the Belt: Using a screwdriver or a
spanner, gently pry away the belt from the pulley as shown below. Remove
the old belt by turning the drum and simultaneously using a
screw drive to pry of the belt of the large black pully even while turning
||To remove the Drum:
the bolt holding the shaft to the chasis of the machine as show below. Take
care to keep the machine sideways or to place a thick sponge or similar, so
that the drum does not fall down suddenly to the floor.
2. Once loosened sufficiently, turn the machine to be straight up (normal
position) and lift the drum out of the machine.
3. Now the old belt can be removed and new one put in its place.
||To Reinstall the Belt
1. Once the new belt is placed inside, place back the drum unit and
retighten the shaft bolts in place.
2. Ensure that the belt sits in the small 1 inch pulley on the motor
4. Take the rest of the belt and loop it on the larger pulley under
5. You will find it difficult to get the last few inches of the belt on to
the pulley... At that stage, just rotate the drum pulley and the
belt will fall into place.
Place the bottom cover and screw back on the
screws at the bottom of the unit.
Copyright © 2014 Spectra. All rights reserved